Link to Google Calendar:

First, if you want to know more about what we are doing, please click on the link to the page entitled: "What is Homeschool Days?"

Also, if you have not yet read our farm Code of Conduct, please do so before coming. You will also need to sign a one-time Waiver (because that's just the world we live in). A copy of the Code of Conduct as well as the Waiver will be on site for those who need it.


Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Thank You...and No Meetings Until January 8th

I don't know if any of you will read this, but I felt the need to share. 

I started these Fridays for my children. Some of them are extroverts and missed interacting with the community on a regular basis (and those that are introverts actually look forward to them as well). I also recognized that others needed this as well. So many people don't have the opportunity to just get out and play in the fresh air anymore, and I have always felt that God wanted us to share our farm with those He places in our lives.

What I didn't realize was how much I needed all of you.

Since November, I have struggled to leave my property and go places--not because of a fear of any virus, but because of fear of all the hatred and distrust that accompanies the masks that I see everywhere. They bring me so much anxiety. Every place I went (besides our church), I felt the constant villainization of neighbors--either people aren't wearing a mask and thus they must want to kill everyone around them, or people are wearing a mask and so they are a bunch of fearful sheep. It became too much for me. I would literally feel nauseous if I had to go anywhere.

Fridays became my safe harbor--the community that I so desperately need. 

Your families have been such a blessing to me over the last several months. I appreciate you all so much. Thank you for coming to my home and letting me live a "normal" life for a few hours. Thank you for sharing your children with me. Their smiles bring me so much joy. Thank you for kindness and your willingness to pitch in when I was unprepared (which was pretty much every week ;-) ).  Thank you for the laughter.

Thank you for helping make 2020 a much better year
 for my family.

Hopefully you are all healthy and we can see you NEXT Friday, January 8th. I have some fun projects planned for January and then we should start having baby goats born in February!!!  (If a doe should happen to go into labor on a Friday, whatever was planned for that day will be thrown out of order--you may get to watch baby goats be born, or you may just have the opportunity for a free day...we'll figure it out as it goes along ;-) ). 

See you next week!




No comments:

Post a Comment