Hi All!
I missed you all last week! I hope you all had a productive Friday! :-)
This Friday we will be having an end of the year Christmas Party, Community Service Project, and Potluck.
This will NOT be a time to exchange Christmas presents with friends--though if you want to do that outside the fence, that is fine--I just don't want anyone to feel left out if they don't get a gift, so no active gift exchange will happen.
Community Service Project
I will be encouraging everyone to participate in our Community Service Projects. We will be making Christmas Cards and/or Drawings to distribute in three different places. You can choose to make one for each or just one really special one for one of the groups. The three groups are Prisoners, Senior Citizens in nursing homes, and Children in the hospital. I have contacts in these three places and will give more information on Friday. (FYI, I wanted to do military service men and women overseas as well, but apparently those need to be sent before December...).
Potluck
While we are working on the cards, our volunteers can help set up for the Potluck in the backyard area. If you have not signed up and would like to bring something, here is the sign-up genius link:
If you are just reading this Friday morning and don't have anything to bring...come anyway! Also, last minute, store-bought cookies are always accepted as well! :-D (I'm pretty sure most of the kids don't mind if they have only sugar for lunch...)
Play!
After we have finished with the cards, we will have the volleyball net set up, basketball court open and just lots of places to run around for free play. Come enjoy the weather and have a good time with friends!
Reminder... after this Friday, we will not be meeting again until January 7th.
I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!
No comments:
Post a Comment