Link to Google Calendar:

First, if you want to know more about what we are doing, please click on the link to the page entitled: "What is Homeschool Days?"

Also, if you have not yet read our farm Code of Conduct, please do so before coming. You will also need to sign a one-time Waiver (because that's just the world we live in). A copy of the Code of Conduct as well as the Waiver will be on site for those who need it.


Monday, April 11, 2022

April 15th

Hi all!

I hope you all had a great weekend!

First off, I had so much fun last week playing Battleship with Group B and the Teens (or watching all of you play anyway ;-) ).  You guys did so well! 


Second, if you have a minute (literally, only one minute), please take this quick survey about the last day of co-op before summer break:



Third (copied from last year, because I'm lazy, but also because I mean it this year just the same as last year ;-) ):

I realize that Friday is Good Friday, however, we typically don't celebrate Good Friday until the evening, so we are still planning to meet, though I definitely understand if you won't be able to make it because you want to keep that day sacred. 

If you are unfamiliar with Good Friday, this whiteboard illustration gives a short explanation as to why many Christians call the Friday before Easter (or Resurrection Sunday as we call it in our home) Good Friday: Video. Also, this is an illustrated version of one of my favorite folk tales that tells about the life of Jesus through the story of Three Trees...in addition to studying the passages about Christ's death and Resurrection in the Bible, It is a tradition for me to read this to my children every Easter...and cry every single time (literally, EVERY time...my kids will tell you). It's called the Tale of the Three Trees and the illustrated book I have is just beautiful. (The Tale of the Three Trees Video)

And, although it is not specifically homeschool-related,  if you ever want to talk about Christianity or the Bible in general or my faith in particular, I would love to talk with you. Just ask. I promise not to bite ;-). I have four major passions in life: my family, animals, homeschooling...and above them all, my relationship with Jesus Christ. I can talk about all of these topics all day long :-). 


Lastly, as we've been mentioning the last few weeks, we have baby chicks for sale. Normally I wouldn't "advertise" those on here, but my daughter has a facebook page she has started. Feel free to follow her on there to give her some encouragement <3 https://www.facebook.com/davisfamilychickens



 Here is what is on the agenda for this week:


Schedule for Friday, April 15, 2022


From 10-Noon(ish) we will break into group activities:

Group A-- Ages 5-8

You will be doing Project this week. We're going to play another live-action board game or 3 ;-).  Definitely playing Guess Who and maybe a few others...we'll see how the time goes. Sorry kiddos, no water balloons this week!

Materials Needed: 

If you want to bring a hat or some sort of costume (mustaches, or costume necklaces for example), that would be fine. Think of the game of Guess Who and if you have stuff that might be shareable, bring it! (But take it home with you! ;-) ). Not necessary, but you're welcome to for sure!

You will also want to bring water and maybe sunscreen. 



Group B-- Ages 9-12

You will be doing a PE this week. You'll get to run around with Mr. D. Maybe you'll play some sort of water game, but no one should be getting soaked this week. No swimsuits needed, but probably not your favorite clothes either...

Materials Needed: 

A good attitude! 

Water and sunscreen highly recommended. 



Group C-- Ages 13-18


You will be doing Gardening this week. Ms. Paula has lots of fun things to plant and teach you. Those of you who are smart will pay very close attention to her--these types of skills could one day save your life! (yes, slightly melodramatic, but seriously, a great skill to learn--soak up her knowledge!)

Materials Needed: Gardening gloves if you want them...and water, always water. 

Remember beautiful people... if Gardening is not your thing, I can always use helpers with the Project. However, should you choose this option, know that you will be expected to act like teachers and not like students. In other words, be prepared to work hard with loads of maturity and be good examples! 



-----------------------------------------------------------------------



Picnic Lunch

Everyone is welcome to stay and have a picnic lunch in the backyard area. You are responsible for bringing your own lunch. Please do not feed any animals with that lunch and please make sure all garbage is disposed of in the dumpster or garbage can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment