I am so very sad! Why does it only rain on Thursday nights???? I was looking forward to today all week. I even waited until the very last minute to cancel today because I was hoping things would not be so bad in the morning. I was wrong. Although there isn't a lot of standing water--a few puddles here and there-- the ground is slick and muddy, meaning little kids running around are going to have an increased risk of injury. I was fine with my yard being torn up this time of year, but I was overruled due to the slickness.
For you Group B-ers with the kickball--I really fought for you because I know how much you wanted to play. I told Mr. D. that you know you are coming to a wet and cold farm, so you will dress appropriately. However, Mr. D assured me that a wet kickball is VERY painful and no matter what we did, we would not play kickball. That left the basketball court, but the groundcover on the basketball court is extremely slippery when wet. Even if everything miraculously dried up in the next hour, lots of muddy feet would make it wet again, making it dangerous to run on.
So the current plan is this...
Still no co-op next week, December 8th (we won't be here)
We are still doing the Square Dance/ Christmas Cookies on December 15th, but we will start off the New Year with Group A doing Project, Group B doing P.E. and Group C doing Gardening.
As for afternoon activities, I am still waiting to talk with Ariana and Elai. We will text you directly.
No comments:
Post a Comment