Link to Google Calendar:

First, if you want to know more about what we are doing, please click on the link to the page entitled: "What is Homeschool Days?"

Also, if you have not yet read our farm Code of Conduct, please do so before coming. You will also need to sign a one-time Waiver (because that's just the world we live in). A copy of the Code of Conduct as well as the Waiver will be on site for those who need it.


Saturday, December 30, 2023

Goat Kidding Season 2024

It's my favorite time of the year!  Baby Goat Season!!  


(This picture is from a few years ago)


Since I am making up my calendar and getting into full preparation mode, I thought I would make a quick post on here to update you all.

For those of you who are newer, if a doe goes into labor on a Friday, all activities are put on hold and there is a "Free Day" for those who come. Those who are capable of sitting quietly in the barn (and I am very strict on the quiet part) may also have the opportunity to observe the goat birth as long as I feel the doe is having a typical birth without complications.  You can read more about that here: Goat Kidding Season is Coming! (2021)

Since many of you are curious... here is when we expect our baby goats to be born this year.  Technically the four that I said I need to watch could go any day now, but based on the ultrasounds from earlier this year, I do not feel like they are further along than Butterscotch (and they are also not showing physical signs of impending kidding), so I hopefully have a few weeks left to get ready.  



No comments:

Post a Comment