Link to Google Calendar:

First, if you want to know more about what we are doing, please click on the link to the page entitled: "What is Homeschool Days?"

Also, if you have not yet read our farm Code of Conduct, please do so before coming. You will also need to sign a one-time Waiver (because that's just the world we live in). A copy of the Code of Conduct as well as the Waiver will be on site for those who need it.


Saturday, April 24, 2021

April 30th--Square Dancing and Potluck

 Hi All!

I have made it clear to all who asked, how excited I am about this Friday. Square Dancing!!!  It was always my favorite activity in P.E. and you just can't do it without teaming up with others since it takes 8 people to make a square. I have had quite mixed reviews from my teenagers on this activity. Actually, only my eldest daughter has an issue with the square dancing because the kids will have to occasionally touch each other (or at least pretend to), and she was quick to point out that having 4 sets of "couples" goes against our Code of Conduct. I told her we'd make an exception this week 😏... nice try, my little introvert! 

I have been practicing my calling and going over tutorials all week, so I am ready to take this task on! For those who have no idea what square dancing is, here is a little tutorial from a 3rd grade PE class somewhere: Instructional Video . Also, here is an example video of 2nd graders (I think) performing a square dance at some sort of festival: Example  

So to sum it up...square dancing is super cheesy, but tons of fun and hopefully everyone enjoys learning this bit of our American culture

Now on to the Potluck...

If you haven't had a chance to sign up to bring a dish/volunteer to help serve, here is the sign-up genius for that: Potluck Sign-Up.  Feel free to just show up with something also, should you forget to sign-up and still want to come. I'm sure another dessert or another bag of chips will probably get eaten... 


So...as for the official agenda...one last time


Schedule for Friday, April 30, 2021

10:00 - 11:30ish

Square Dancing!!

No special twirly skirts required, but I wouldn't be opposed to seeing all of that cuteness!!  ;-)


11:30ish

EATING! 

We will be providing water, goat milk, and lemonade, 
bring your own beverage if you want something other than those choices. 





No comments:

Post a Comment