I am GOOD at alliteration!!! :-D
It takes so little to amuse myself...
First...the pumpkin thing.
If you have any gently used pumpkins/ jack-o-lanterns that aren't painted on, that you want to donate to the farm, my goats/chickens LOVE them! Some will go up front, but most will end up as sport for the the goats and I'll let you do the smashing, which is fun--you know, Smashing Pumpkins! (yes...amusing myself again...) Plus they are natural dewormers and have all sorts of good vitamins in them, so a win-win for all of us.
And on that note...on to the Pests/Playtime thing.
See this little hen?:
She's super cute, isn't she?
But she's a PEST! That's right! I said it! A Pest!!
Ms. Paula and I were discussing the front wildflower garden this morning. Specifically we were discussing why all your beautiful seeds have not yet sprouted. SOMETHING should have come up by now. But they haven't. Why not, you ask? Because of this cute little bird and her flock of friends in the front chicken coop area.
Frankly, they are bored.
Like, REALLY bored.
So we came up with a plan...and YOU can help. If you want.
Along with donating all those yummy pumpkins to keep them entertained, we will be building obstacle courses and other fun treat-hiding-places to keep those chickens occupied so that EVENTUALLY something will grow in both their chicken coop area as well as in the front wildflower garden. IF we can keep them entertained long enough, the honeysuckle vines SHOULD finally have time to grow over that wall and HOPEFULLY keep them locked in their pen (keep those fingers crossed!). But until that happens, we have to keep them entertained.
If you want to do some Pinterest research on fun chicken activities and build something fun with your kiddos, have at it. Or if you just want to donate some fun farm treats for them...that's helpful too. You all can throw some in and watch the fun.
WE WANT THOSE SEEDS TO GROW!!!
Anyone who has talked to me knows that I don't want this co-op to make money or really cost you guys anything. This is my personal hobby and I love sharing everything with you all.
That being said, I am going to honor my husband's request. Without going into all our personal finances or anything, with the new laws about taxes and banks that are being proposed, my husband is asking that we not spend as much on projects. Until recently, I really hated asking for help with this (since I feel like I am the one who benefits most from all of these projects), but my husband reminded me that you all have asked how you can help, so it is wrong for me not to tell you.
So, from now on, on the sign-in table, we will have a donation jar. IF you feel led to donate a little bit, feel free to do so. That money will be used directly for projects and supplies. Please do not feel like you HAVE to donate.
But she's a PEST! That's right! I said it! A Pest!!
Ms. Paula and I were discussing the front wildflower garden this morning. Specifically we were discussing why all your beautiful seeds have not yet sprouted. SOMETHING should have come up by now. But they haven't. Why not, you ask? Because of this cute little bird and her flock of friends in the front chicken coop area.
Frankly, they are bored.
Like, REALLY bored.
So we came up with a plan...and YOU can help. If you want.
Along with donating all those yummy pumpkins to keep them entertained, we will be building obstacle courses and other fun treat-hiding-places to keep those chickens occupied so that EVENTUALLY something will grow in both their chicken coop area as well as in the front wildflower garden. IF we can keep them entertained long enough, the honeysuckle vines SHOULD finally have time to grow over that wall and HOPEFULLY keep them locked in their pen (keep those fingers crossed!). But until that happens, we have to keep them entertained.
If you want to do some Pinterest research on fun chicken activities and build something fun with your kiddos, have at it. Or if you just want to donate some fun farm treats for them...that's helpful too. You all can throw some in and watch the fun.
WE WANT THOSE SEEDS TO GROW!!!
Last , but not least... the Philanthropy thing.
All right...here's the deal.
Anyone who has talked to me knows that I don't want this co-op to make money or really cost you guys anything. This is my personal hobby and I love sharing everything with you all.
That being said, I am going to honor my husband's request. Without going into all our personal finances or anything, with the new laws about taxes and banks that are being proposed, my husband is asking that we not spend as much on projects. Until recently, I really hated asking for help with this (since I feel like I am the one who benefits most from all of these projects), but my husband reminded me that you all have asked how you can help, so it is wrong for me not to tell you.
So, from now on, on the sign-in table, we will have a donation jar. IF you feel led to donate a little bit, feel free to do so. That money will be used directly for projects and supplies. Please do not feel like you HAVE to donate.
No comments:
Post a Comment