Link to Google Calendar:

First, if you want to know more about what we are doing, please click on the link to the page entitled: "What is Homeschool Days?"

Also, if you have not yet read our farm Code of Conduct, please do so before coming. You will also need to sign a one-time Waiver (because that's just the world we live in). A copy of the Code of Conduct as well as the Waiver will be on site for those who need it.


Wednesday, February 7, 2024

February 9th- No Co-op

Hi Guys-

So, I know I made a Plan B in case of mud and no rain, however, this week, not only are we completely flooded, but I am feeling a bit overwhelmed and exhausted. Long story short, we currently have 21 baby goats running around and there is a lot of work to do the first two weeks after a baby is born. I have at least one more goat left to kid and possibly another one after that (neither look pregnant, but we ultrasounded them again and the one for sure had babies, the other we thought we saw something, but nothing conclusive either way). They will absolutely have their babies by the 12th if they are pregnant and we can get back into a normal routine, but I am dying here. 

If you want to read all about it, you can check out our goat Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/davisfamilygoats

So, I am sorry if you all really needed the time out here. I am planning for a free day next week (the 16th), where we can all tour the baby goats, and just hang out. Then the 23rd we will be off (because my daughter is getting MARRIED!!!!)

We will resume normal activities on the 1st. 

To be crystal clear:

February 9th- No Co-op

February 16th- Free Day/ Baby Goat Tour (we'll take turns)

February 23rd - No Co-op

March 1st - Normal Activities

March 8th - Normal Activities

March 15th - No Co-op (Go to the Pinal County Fair and watch your friends compete in the Dairy Goat Show instead ;-) )

March 23rd - Hopefully back to normal life!



Here are pictures of all the babies born since last Friday:


Milky Way

Diva

Elsa

Wesley

Alley

Bolt

Esther

Cholla

Trooper

Dixie

Koda

Echo

Tilly


No comments:

Post a Comment