Hi All!
Are you enjoying the cold weather?? It's certainly not my favorite. Thankfully, Friday's temperature is looking pretty nice! Looking forward to a slightly warmer day and maybe less wind. Nothing super new and exciting to report about this week on the farm. I did get my act together and make a kidding calendar. Here's what that looks like if you are curious:
As you can see, I do not plan to sleep from February 10th until February 24th. Hopefully they will speed that process along and I can get sleep sooner than the 24th. However, after the 24th, I will be awaiting the birth of my first GRANDDAUGHTER... so probably won't be much sleeping until after she arrives either...
Remember, if you would like to be made aware of when a goat is in labor and possibly come watch a goat birth, let me know and I will add you to my group text.
Schedule for Friday, January 24, 2025
Group A-- Ages 5-8
Materials Needed:
Sunscreen if you so desire.
Water Bottles. (We do not have enough cups to provide water for all of the thirsty kiddos that come to the farm.)
Clothes/shoes that you don't mind getting dirty.
Athletic shoes with socks would be a good idea this week.
Group B--Ages 9-12
You will be doing Gardening this week. Ms. Paula is planning to do some harvesting and enjoying all the new flowers we have in the garden this week. It should be fun!
Sunscreen and Water Bottles...if you so desire.
Clothes/shoes that you don't mind getting dirty and/or wet.
A great attitude!
Group C--Ages 13-18
Materials Needed:
Sunscreen and Water Bottles...if you so desire.
A willingness to learn
Those teenagers that do not feel like participating in the Project are welcome to volunteer with Group A. Please note, you WILL be put to work if you volunteer in that capacity!
I was made aware of an upcoming Volunteer Opportunity for Teens that I will share here:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Picnic Lunch
Everyone is welcome to stay and have a picnic lunch in the backyard area. You are responsible for bringing your own lunch. Please do not feed any animals with that lunch and please make sure all garbage is disposed of in the dumpster or garbage can.

No comments:
Post a Comment