Link to Google Calendar:

First, if you want to know more about what we are doing, please click on the link to the page entitled: "What is Homeschool Days?"

Also, if you have not yet read our farm Code of Conduct, please do so before coming. You will also need to sign a one-time Waiver (because that's just the world we live in). A copy of the Code of Conduct as well as the Waiver will be on site for those who need it.


Wednesday, January 29, 2025

January 31st

Hi All!

It is COLD outside!!!  Farmers certainly don't enjoy doing chores in the rain--although, I am thankful that we live in AZ and it is rain and not snow! I hope you all are enjoying this cold, rainy week so far. Snuggle up and read a good book. 

I know it is not quite February yet; however, I was forced to take down all my Christmas decorations this week, so I have to start celebrating Valentine's Day now (I only have so much time to decorate!). My husband tells me this is a made-up holiday by Hallmark to sell cards, but he made the mistake of proposing to me on Valentine's Day 23 years ago, so I like to celebrate it. 💗 All that to say, Valentine's Day lands on a Friday this year AND it is also the week that I am anticipating several goat births, so (for my sanity) I have decided we are going to have an old-fashioned Valentine's Day party, complete with exchanged Valentines.  We tend to have between 15-30 kids in each group each week, so I think it would be fun for everyone to prepare 30 Valentines, and we'll exchange them within each group (Group A exchange with Group A, Group B with Group B, Group C with Group C). Any extras can be dispersed in the other groups as the kids see fit.  I think we will also dance a few reels that day because Valentine's Day sounds like a good day for a group dance. 💃 After that, we will plan to have free play.  

So just letting you know in case you want to get started on those valentine's cards now 😉Please remember that co-op is a boyfriend/girlfriend-free zone, so make sure your Valentines are "friend" Valentines--this is not an appropriate place to declare your undying love, and getting a Valentine does not mean someone "likes likes" you 😉.  

But that's a few weeks out...

As for this week's activities...


From 10ish-Noon(ish) we will break into group activities:

Group A-- Ages 5-8

You will be doing Gardening this week. Come learn how to work in the dirt with Ms. Paula!

Materials Needed: 

A water bottle to drink out of (if you think you may get thirsty)

Sunscreen...if you so desire. 

Gardening gloves...if you so desire. 

Clothes/shoes that you don't mind getting dirty.

Parents, if your little ones tend to wander, please stay close by. You are responsible for taking your child to the restroom or providing them with water if they get thirsty. Try to remind them that this is a group activity, and they should try to stick with their group as much as possible. That will really help keep things flowing smoothly for everyone. 💗


Group B--Ages 9-12

You will be doing the Project this week. We are going to do our second Animals in the Bible project. Originally, I had planned to do horses as the next animal project, however, since our baby goats are going to be born within the next three weeks, I figured I should do goats before horses. Unlike with the chickens, there are over 75 mentions of goats in the Bible--not including the role of shepherd or words that include goat in them--so there is a wealth of verses to choose from. The Bible uses animals as examples throughout Scripture, but if you do not know about those animals, some of the richness of God's Word will not be quite as apparent. Whether you trust the Bible as God's Word or not, feel free to come and learn all about goats this week and their historical uses. 

Materials Needed: 

Sunscreen and Water Bottles...if you so desire. 

Clothes/shoes that you don't mind getting dirty.

A great attitude!



Group C--Ages 13-18

You are doing P.E. this week. Come get some exercise with Mr. D. 

Materials Needed: 

Water bottles

Sunscreen/hat (you will probably be in the pasture)

Clothes/shoes you don't mind getting dirty. 


Those teenagers that do not feel like participating in P.E. are welcome to volunteer with Group A. Please NOTE: you WILL be put to work if you volunteer in that capacity! 


-----------------------------------------------------------------------



Picnic Lunch

Everyone is welcome to stay and have a picnic lunch in the backyard area. You are responsible for bringing your own lunch. Please do not feed any animals with that lunch and please make sure all garbage is disposed of in the dumpster or garbage can. 


No comments:

Post a Comment