Link to Google Calendar:

First, if you want to know more about what we are doing, please click on the link to the page entitled: "What is Homeschool Days?"

Also, if you have not yet read our farm Code of Conduct, please do so before coming. You will also need to sign a one-time Waiver (because that's just the world we live in). A copy of the Code of Conduct as well as the Waiver will be on site for those who need it.


Thursday, March 24, 2022

STILL WAITING ON LAST GOAT TO KID!!!

Hi All!

So, remember how I said all kiddings should be completed before tomorrow so there should be no more possible interruptions to our farm co-op day???  Well, I may have spoken too soon. 
(For more details, click here)


Should Clover decide to wait to go into labor until tomorrow, we MAY have to have a free for all in the backyard for Group A. 

So be prepared. 

If I am needed in the barn during co-op time, older Group A-ers that can keep up and want to do so, may join Group B in PE. Those who are not able to keep up/don't want to join in PE can play freely in the backyard (as long as parents are watching). 

If Clover decides to have her babies during co-op, we MAY allow kids to watch in the barn. I say we may because I am very particular during labor that everything is as quiet and peaceful as possible so as not to stress out the doe. I will not hesitate to kick out any child who is making noise or in other ways distracting my doe. If I decide that it is safe for children to watch, I will warn you in advance that I cannot guarantee a safe delivery. Sometimes (VERY rarely) baby goats are born stillborn or there is a difficult kidding that requires assistance. Even if everything goes smoothly, a doe that is kidding will scream in pain. If your child is sensitive, this might not be a good fit for them. 


So. There's my disclaimer.  I'm hoping she doesn't decide to go into labor during co-op because I am really excited about tomorrow's project--so she probably will go into labor just to spite me. 

Keeping my fingers crossed that she waits!

No comments:

Post a Comment